- To engage with and develop solutions to complex global issues
- To strengthen social- and humanities- centered interdisciplinary
- To enhance understanding and appreciation of the value of
diversity in human societies
- To form academic communities that can deal
with transnational issues
- To move toward life-oriented research
approaches attuned to regional diversity
- To create socially innovative approaches to the
needs of the environment
- To share and use global information resources
CSEAS conducts research into common social issues identified through discussions with communities and local specialists. It also disseminates knowledge gained from research through mutual exchange programs and information technology both in English and local vernaculars.
Commitment to Education
CSEAS provides scholars and postdoctoral researchers with opportunities for interdisciplinary and international
research, and encourages participation in inter-regional discussion. CSEAS is also involved in several school and
university educational programs, and participates in English-based undergraduate teaching on campus.